Cabbage is my all time favorite vegetable. I have a personal list of top 10 vegetables and many vegetables keep falling off of the list and some crawl into the list. But not cabbage, cabbage is my number 1 favorite all season long. The other new found love is Zucchini and I like the combination of Zucchini and Cabbage. I enjoy this best with warm Rotis/ phulkas and cannot get enough of it.
3 cups of shredded cabbage (use the readily available Cole Slaw package from the super market)
1 medium Zucchini
1 small onion
Chilli powder, turmeric
Jeera, mustard, salt, oil
Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Dice onions and cabbage and keep aside. If using the pre-cut Cole Slaw, then dice only the onions.
- Wash Zucchini thoroughly and cut it into inch strips along with the skin.
- Heat a non-stick pan, and then add oil, jeera, mustard, curry leaves.
- Next add the dice onions and sauté for a while and immediately add the cut zucchini pieces.
- After this is done add the shredded cabbage and sauté for a little bit more.
- Add salt, turmeric and little chilli powder and keep stirring.
- Sprinkle more water if necessary and keep this covered on low flame. Stir in between so that it does not stick to the bottom.
- Garnish with corriander leaves.