Boondi Raita is a traditional North Indian raita, served during festivals and weddings.
It is one of the quickest raita to make. It is especially easy if you have the store bought boondi stacked up in your pantry. We usually have one type of boondi in our house and so it is easy to prepare. This serves well with rice dishes like pulao etc.
- 4-5 Tbsp Boondi (salty and spicy)
- 1 cup yogurt/curd
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp chaat masala
- 1 Tbsp chopped coriander for garnishing
- Salt for taste
- In a bowl, beat the yogurt until it is even and fluffy. Add little water or milk if it is too thick.
- Note: After adding the boondis the yogurt will become thick, so it is better to keep this yogurt with a buttermilk consistency.
- Add red chilli powder, chaat masala and salt to yogurt and whisk well.
- Add the boondis and stir it in gently.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve immediately. You can refrigerate it if you want, but we prefer this warm.