This is also my 50th post on this blog. I wanted to thank you all for the warmth and support, and that is what keeps me going and makes me want to write more and cook more.
It is really fun thinking, writing about myself and here is some random stuff about me:
- A strange coincidence: everyone in my family (except my husband) was born on the 10th (different years, of course). I was born on March 10th, my Dad September 10th, MIL and my toddler October 10th, my mom and brother November 10th.
- I can speak quite a few Indian languages apart from English. Kannada, Hindi, Marathi. I can also speak Konkani in the South Kanara accent like my in-laws and also the North Kanara accent like my parents. I also studied Sanskrit for 5 years in school and so I will credit myself with that language as well!
- I am a “cold blooded” person meaning I cannot tolerate cold for a longer period of time. The moment the temperature goes below 70 F, my hands, nose and feet start becoming cold pushing me to wear sweater and socks. In the office, I am the only person walking around with a sweater in 75F , when the rest of the people are warm and toasty.
- I love reading books, novels. I used to be a huge Agatha Christie, Perry Mason/ Earl Stanley Gardner fan in my High School and I have read and enjoyed at least 60 of his different cases.
- I have a sweet tooth, hence love anything sugary. I can literally indulge myself in any type of sweets or desserts anytime of the day.
- I am a quiet and a home-loving person. My idea of relaxation especially after work, long day is chilling out at home, trying out recipes, cooking, reading books, and watching TV.
- A typical Piscean, I love music, arts and crafts. I enjoy listening to soft rock, pop music from the 80’s and 90’s. A new hobby that I have picked up is making jewelry, earrings and necklaces.