Saturday was a crazy and hectic day for us as we had to finish off some long pending tasks, that involved commute to multiple places like the bank, post office, AAA, Home Depot etc. So we started off very early from the home and at each stop finished the required task. The weather also was very warm and by late afternoon had become quite scorching. To end it all we did the usual grocery and sundry shopping.
We did not feel much on Saturday night, but by Sunday morning we could feel the exhaustion. So to compensate we decided to take it easy on Sunday and hunker down a bit. We did not even spend much time in the kitchen and made this easy and wholesome pasta dish.
- 2 cups pasta (any shape)
- 1 small onion
- Grated garlic 1 Tbsp
- ½ cup pitted olives
- Fresh/dry rosemary leaves
- 1 small bell pepper
- 1 cup veggies of your choice (carrot/zucchini/peas) cut finely
- 1 canned artichoke heart
- Pepper flakes
- ¾ cup parsley finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cup marinara sauce (ready made)
- Boil the pasta in sufficient amount of water, salt, until it is cooked. Drain the water completely and keep aside. Make sure that the pasta is closed.
- Take a separate heavy bottom pan and add 2 tbsp of olive oil. Add the garlic and sauté until the garlic turns light brown.
- Now add the chopped onions and chopped bell pepper stir until the onions turns transparent.
- Add the vegetables including olives, chopped artichoke heart until cooked.
- When finally done, add the marina sauce and stir until the sauce cooks and coats the vegetables.
- Finally add the boiled pasta, mix well and add the chopped parsley, rosemary, pepper flakes. Cover with a lid and cook on low flame.