This month’s herb for the Herb Mania Event is Fenugreek. This event was started by Dee of Ammalu’s Kitchen and when I checked with her, she graciously agreed to let me host the event for this month. Thank you dear Dee for giving me this opportunity. I am also nervous and excited as I am hosting a blog event for the first time.
Fenugreek is used both as an herb (the leaves) and as a spice (the seed). Methi has been widely used for its culinary and medicinal properties. Fenugreek is mainly used as a digestive aid. Supplements of fenugreek seeds were shown to lower serum cholesterol, triglyceride, and low-density lipoprotein in human patients.
Logo designed by Dee of Ammalu’s Kitchen.
Here are some guidelines to follow for this event:
- Please prepare any dish using Fenugreek (Methi) in any form fresh, frozen, dried or even using seeds.
- Post the dish on your blog and then provide a link back to this announcement.
- If you already have an existing archived post using Fenugreek and would like to use that, please feel free to do that. Just re-post it and provide a link back to this post.
- Email me your entry at myredchillies[at]yahoo[dot]com, with Herb Mania Fenugreek as the subject line and provide me these details
Picture of the dish:
- Multiple entries are more than welcome.Since this is a vegetarian blog, I will accept vegetarian dishes only.
- If you do not have a blog,but wish to participate please send me your name, name of the recipe and a picture and I will post it in the round up.
- The deadline for this event is September 15th, 2008, so please send in your entries before that.
I will post the round-up a week after the deadline.Happy Cooking until then!
Don’t forget to check out Dee’s Basil Mania event here.