What is summer without some sweet, juicy watermelon? Also what is summer without some sweet and tangy limeade? Now how about combing the juice from watermelon and limeade and making a refreshing summer drink? This drink is just that and is a great way to enjoy the summer fruits!
We had our fair share of water melons this summer. They were on sale most of the time and it is a good way to quench thirst naturally and add some nutrition.
Last week we had some guests over for dinner and we had brought some store brought limeade. I served them with Watermelon Juice by mixing in watermelon juice and limeade. Suffice to say that it makes a great summer drink.
If limeade is not available then simply take the water melon juice, mix in water, lime juice and sugar. (See recipe below). I do not strain the fruit from the juice, but if preferred then please go ahead and do that. This recipe is more of an idea and a guideline so I have not provided the exact measurements. Changes can be made as required; some people prefer this with fresh mint, crushed pepper, bit of grated ginger etc.
- Watermelon de-seeded and cut into chunks
- Readymade Limeade (optional)
- Remove the skin from water melon, remove the seeds and cut into chunks.
- Run it through the blender without adding any water. Make sure that no chunks remain in the juice.
- Strain the watermelon pulp if necessary.
- If you have ready made limeade then mix in some water melon juice and limeade.
- If not add lime juice, sugar to the melon juice and mix well. Chill it before serving.
- Do not store this mix for a long time as the taste goes bad after few hours.