Along with baked potato fries, baked cauliflower/ oven roasted cauliflower is something that I make often. I make this when I am pressed for time and need a quick side dish for dinner. Quite frankly this does not require much baby sitting. All that is required is to chop the cauliflower into florets, season it and then bake it in the oven.
We usually have this as a side item along with yogurt rice or daal rice. The kiddo likes this very much and so I pack some for him for his school lunch.
Note: You can substitute any seasoning of your choice. Replace turmeric with basil/thyme/oregano etc, you can also add onion powder, garlic powder etc and so use your imagination This is not dry, but crispy on the edges and soft in the inside.
Adapted from: Eggless Cooking
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric (substitute with onion powder/garlic powder/basil/thyme…..your choice)
- salt to taste
- 2-3 Tbsp oil
1) Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
2) Chop the cauliflower into florets and then wash and pat dry them. Make sure there is no water left.
3) In a bowl, mix the florets along with oil, turmeric (any seasoning of choice), chilli powder and salt.
4) Grease a baking sheet and then spread the coated cauliflower evenly on the sheet.
5) Bake for 20-25 minutes, tossing it around every 10 minutes until the outside is slightly browned.