The other day a friend of mine asked me as to why I have not been posting Kids’ recipes often. She said it is helpful for moms like her with picky eaters to get some ideas for lunch boxes or otherwise. Well, I agreed and told her that I have not been posting as I intended, which was once a month but it is just not happening.
It is not that I don’t try some new stuff on the kiddo, but it is just the lack of time to post the recipes. Juggling between work, kiddos activities, his homework, household stuff sometimes I feel there is just not enough time. Thankfully it is not the lack of enthusiasm to post or cook so I am pretty sure that once I find time I will be posting often.
Noodles are an all time favorite of the kids and so I prepare it often. I don’t add any type of sauce in this; it is just noodles tossed with toasted garlic and vegetables. You can add or subtract vegetables of your choice
- 3 cups noodles (cooked, it is hard to give this measurement, so this is approximate)
- ½ cup broccoli + ½ cup capsicum (any veggies of choice)
- 2-3 spring onion finely chopped (top and white part discarded)
- 1 small onion (chopped lengthwise)
- 2 tsp ginger + garlic paste
- A pinch of red chilli flakes
- ½ tsp Crushed black pepper/pepper powder
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- salt to taste
- Boil the noodles (as per the instructions on the package) along with salt. Add 1-2 drops of oil while boiling.
- Toward the end I add the broccoli florets and let it cook for a minute. Drain the water and keep aside.
- Take a big heavy bottom pan, and add oil on medium to high heat, put in the ginger garlic paste and cook until brown.
- Start adding the vegetables, onion first sauté and then add the chopped capsicum and cook.
- Add the cooked noodles (along with broccoli) and mix well with the vegetables. Drizzle little oil if necessary.
- Add the chopped spring onion. Finally add the crushed/freshly milled white or black pepper and red chilli flakes.