There is no telling how important fruits and vegetables are in our everyday diet. Doctors/Nutritionist recommend that we have at least 5-7 serving of fruits and vegetables a day.
Since dinner is the only time, when all of us are together I make a salad/ Kosambari a day. That way we get our quota of vegetables for that day. It is easy as well as nutritious. I make this salad at least once a week, sometime I add shredded carrots to this as well.
On a lighter note, this must have been one of the easiest and simplest recipes that I have written. Most of the recipes are about 8-15 steps but this is just 2 steps, chopping and mixingJ. How good can this be? But best of all it is very healthy and delicious.
- 1 big cucumber
- 1 small onion
- ½ cup sprouted whole moong
- 1-2 slit green chillies
- Handful of coriander leaves
- Juice of half a lemon
- Peel the cucumber. Chop the cucumber and onion into small pieces.
- Mix in salt, green chillies (slit), sprouted moong, juice of lemon and the chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Let this sit for about 20 minutes before serving.