The wonderful folks at CSN Stores have contacted me again and requested me to do a product review from one of their online stores. If you have not already visited CSN Stores then I strongly recommend doing so. They have about 200 online stores and over 1 Million products! They have it all from stylish handbags, to counter height stools, and of course great cookware etc! Do check them out and be prepared to be amazed.
Raita is a yogurt based condiment. It is simple yet nutritious; different vegetables like tomatoes, cucumber, carrots, onion can be used. Usually all these vegetables are used in the raw format; where as for an Aloo Raita/ the potato is cooked and added to seasoned yogurt/curd. Goes well with pulav, biryani, chapathis/rotis.
- 1 big potato
- 1 cup yogurt/ Curd
- 2 cup chopped onions
- 2-3 green chillies (slit) /substitute with red chilli powder
- Handful of chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4-5 Curry leaves
- Boil the potato along with the skin. Peel the skin and then coarsely mash the potato (with your hands, it is ok to leave lumps in between)
- In a bowl beat the yogurt well along with little water. Add salt, green chillies, onions, coriander leaves and mix.
- Add the boiled mashed potatoes and mix again.
- Make a seasoning of mustard seeds, cumin seed sand curry leaves. Pour this on the potato mixture and mix.
- Goes well with pulao, biryani or even with chapathis/rotis.